Points to consider
Renewable Energy Stocks: 12 Things for Potential GEVO Stock Investors to Know
- Gevo is a renewable energy company that focuses on creating the next generation of fuels.
- That includes its own offerings of gasoline, jet fuel, and diesel fuel.
- However, unlike traditional fossil fuels, the company’s products create much fewer carbon emissions.
- Gevo believes that its fuels will be able to reduce carbon emissions from fuels to zero.
- The company also notes that its fuels perform as well or better in engines as traditional fossil fuels do.
- Instead, of using the normal elements of fossil fuels, Gevo’s fuels make use of “low-carbon renewable resource-based carbohydrates as raw materials.”
- The company isn’t just focused on the creation of greener fuels.
- It also works on creating types of plastics, including polyester, that is made with sustainable ingredients.
- Gevo focus on reducing carbon emissions also includes its plants.
- Rather than create all-new facilities to create its biofuels, the company makes use of already-existing ethanol plants.
- It notes that this is possible through modifications to the plants.
- The company also mentions that the close proximity of feedstock sources is another benefit in reducing its carbon footprint.
Gevo, Inc. is a renewable chemical and advanced biofuels company headquartered in unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area. The company develops bio-based alternatives to petroleum-based products using a combination of biotechnology and classical chemistry. Wikipedia