What are donations?
Donations are a good way to show your support for authors of interest to you. The size of your coin donation is fixed on our site with the following values: 100, 200, 350, or 500 coins. These values are equivalent to $1, $2, $3.50, and $5 USD. At the moment, you can only send coin donations to streamers, however this feature will be extended to all users in the near future.
Note that TradingView charges 20% commission on all received donations.
How can I make a donation?
- You can easily find the Donate button in the Stream view window, in a user’s Ideas/Scripts, in the user profile, and in the pop-up that appears when you hover your cursor over a user’s name. Just click Donate and go from there.
- A pop-up will then open with all available coin donation options.
- Select the option with the coin amount you would like to donate.
- You’ll have the option to write a message, if you’d like.
- If you donate from a stream, your message will appear highlighted for 10 seconds at the top of the chat.
- If you donate from a user’s profile, an Idea- or Script- supported author will see the notification pop-up on their TradingView account.
And that’s how it’s done. Again, for now we have fixed coin donation amounts for you to choose from.
If you do not have enough coins to purchase a plan or you would like to support an author of interest to you, you can gain coins by:
- Selecting Get coins in the send coins dialog or by going to the subscription store for coins.
- In the open panel, you can select a package of coins (i.e. 200, 500, 1000, etc.)
- Enter your payment details. This can be a card or PayPal account.
- Complete your purchase.