Looking to see if we can confirm some longs on this pair today. We have a small ascending channel that broke yesterday, we appear to have seen a retrace over the course of last night / this morning. I personally dont think the retrace is done just yet but i could be wrong.
If this is a valid channel break my 2 targets will be 1.190 and 1.197
GBPUSD price action is now very sideways and a clear channel has formed which is around 150pips in range.
Looking at price today, I can see it is now back at the 1.26500 resistance. There are 2 potential trades here, if price rejects this zone and forms another high then shorting should work well.
Alternatively, if this 1.26500 resistance is broken then a retest...
GBPUSD Channel breakout and retest
1. Break of descending trendline and retest of key area.
2. wait for rejection of 61.8 fib level on lower timeframes before entering
COVID 19 causing choppy movements so be careful with this one. Great risk reward.
As you can see on the 1 hour chart, price has broken out of channel and dropped to pivot. We can see a bullish engulfment candle at the pivot suggesting price may be moving up to retest the channel. I am hoping to get a rejection at the 0.382 fib level as that is a demand zone. I will be waiting for price to see if it could move up to my demand zone and see if we...
- Breakout of the channel on the H1 showing price structure being taken out and supporting this bullish sentiment.
- Bullish divergence on the H4 using stochastics implying the bearish momentum coming to a halt and that we are in the mist of seeing a reversal after testing the lows of 1.1450.
- Clear rejection of the weekly support level on the D1 with a long...