Good evening traders,
Energy traders would have noticed the somewhat eery price action on oil prices recently. I believe that recently losses are attributed to:
- Emerging doubts over the degree of compliance with OPEC production cuts as Iraqi exports remain high;
- Concerns about the rate of market rebalancing;
- Rapid rebound in U.S. shale production following...
Hope you all enjoyed the Christmas break and are ready for another year of thrashing the markets.
NZD/USD is currently looking extremely bearish for the following reasons:
- Break of the neckline of the H&S, implying downside movement to 0.66150;
- Break of the trend line support from Jan to June lows;
- Break of the 200dma.
MACD and recent...
I suggest that traders short the Norwegian Krone against the USD for the following reasons:
/dx has broken out of its ~2yr consolidation pattern amid Trump's fiscal stimulus promises and subsequent repricing of the Fed's hiking cycle in anticipation of higher US growth and inflation.
NOK remains highly vulnerable to /cl as >50% of Norway's exports are...
- Although recent GDP growth figures have exceeded expectations, there are signs that the Chinese economy is becoming more unbalanced; $MS predicts a Chinese slowdown, potentially reducing demand-side pressure for iron ore (and /cl's failure to maintain above 50 will only aid supply-side capacity)
- I maintain a bullish stance on $ as I believe that the...
Traders - do not be fooled, the recent bearish movement of eur/nzd is purely a retracement following the pair's 2015 move - classic bull flag stuff. On daily chart, the pair closed above the falling trendline that has been in force since mid July, signalling further bullish action for the pair.
I suggest longing upon retest of falling trendline following...