About meTrying to learn how to trade without looking at the charts 24/7 or the news feeds.
Just trying to make more return than my savings account would. Ideally beating the average return of the stock market.
Have entered short at 135.50 with a target of 132.00 and a stop around 136.50. Markets seem to be leaning risk off lately with COVID cases increases and lack of stimulus boosting equities. The GBP is fundamentally weak given Brexit concerns and increased COVID cases.
Have entered long at 71.00 on news that New Zealand have reduced their lockdown restrictions from level 2 to level 1 except for in one state.
This is coupled with a positive risk tone due to AstraZeneca resuming their phase 3 trials.
This is primarily a day trade mostly supported by risk sentiment. If we cleanly break 71.00 then I will hold a bit longer with...
I have entered one long position at 1.1860 last night as the fundamentals align for a bullish Euro and a weak Dollar. The ECB have stated that Euro strength isn't as much of a concern and generally had a less dovish statement. Am aiming for 1.2000 again. Price has however since broke back below the support level where I took the trade so really need to see it...
Have entered short at market as the GBP continues to remain weak with Brexit uncertainty. The risk tone remains off which is supporting the JPY. I think this continue for the rest of the week.
As usual I am nervous about trading the GBP as it can seem to find strength from nowhere.
Have shorted this pair today as the markets seem to be risk on supporting the Aussie dollar. The GBP seems to be weak so far this week due to Brexit uncertainty.
Fundamentally I would be bearish on this pair albeit with a weak conviction as the pound seems to find strength when I don’t expect it.
Have taken a short position at market based on USD weakness. Really need a break below 1.3000 to see this position open up to the downside.
Don’t have a clear bias for the CAD but favour risk on sentiment which would benefit the CAD in general being commodity linked.
Have entered short at market with a tight stop looking mainly at a good risk / reward at the 106 handle.
My bias for the USD is bearish for the foreseeable future. The Yen I don’t really hold a bias and is more neutral depending on the risk tone. However, the Yen saw some strength come through it with PM Abe’s resignation. As this unfolds we may see some more...
Going short on this position at market. NZD monetary policy outlook remains bearish while the CAD is benefiting from stronger oil prices enhanced by the recent storm impact on oil production. CAD GDP is set for release today and is forecasted to grow marginally.
Downside risk to this is the storm passing and no longer creating oil production problems....
Have entered two short positions at current level. Bias is for a weak NZD given the dovish rhetoric from the RBNZ this week. Currently hold a long AUD/NZD which will benefit from risk on so have hedged my position with the Yen to cover risk off flows.
I hold an upside bias for this pair given that the Euro is benefiting from its stimulus package still and dollar weakness. Markets like any opportunity for risk-on and even though today is tilting slightly risk-off with strength in the Yen the price has pulled back to a key support area. I have entered one position at market and will look to enter again on a...
Have entered long at market with the intention of adding to the position on a further retrace to 1.18. Initial target is 1.19 with second target at 1.2 where I would expect a bounce. Many investment banks have forecasted 1.18 - 1.20 by the end of 2020 but these forecasts are rumoured to have been pushed higher. Information obtained from Financial Source.
Have entered long at market as I expect the AUD to remain supported today after a good jobs report from Australia and also further negative comments from the RBNZ including an economists stating they would like a weaker NZD. Markets have potential to be risk on and this normally also supports the Aussie more than the Kiwi.
Will look to add to position on a pull...
Have entered long at market @ 1.9929 on the dovish RBNZ meeting. Although the pound is fundamentally weak it keeps finding strength. I think this trade is a bit of a lower conviction as it is nearer the 2.0000 handle which will likely see a bounce. NZ experienced a fresh COVID case yesterday so that may turn into more. I think I need to keep stops tight on this...
Have entered long on this position as it has broken higher out of recent range. Re-tested and moved higher again. I think we are in a bull market which should keep the JPY week for the near term and although the USD is weak the inevitable is them agreeing on a stimulus bill and gaining some strength.
Entered long on this one given that the USD is currently weakened due to lack of progress with relief package, the Kiwi is supported on latest employment data, market seems risk on and price has broken out of consolidation area.
Target recent highs and stop below latest swing low.