A lot going on in the chart, but it's pretty simple. The GBP is rubbish, and the USD is strong.
GBP broke out of the downward trend, lost it's buyers, now sinking. Trying to break above the level I've circled, lots of indecision, but no break.
US Dollar chart shows strength, GBP is fundamentally weak. SL set at where the idea is wrong, the start of the push...
i see more weakness on dollar and fundamentals also showing more tensions with tariffs.
here from technical i see abc correction marked with sub waves, also eurusd have same reverse pattern.
on the chart in comments u can see the bigger full view on this.
like it so ull be notified for updates...
The American dollar is the overall winner this 2018, despite being battered in these last days of the year. The DXY recovered from a yearly low of 88.25 achieved early February to a 17-month high of 97.71 in December, now battling in the mid 96s. Much of dollar strength came from the US Federal Reserve and its tightening policy, two steps ahead of any other...
At the current time of typing this the dxy seems to have found some temporary support. it may gather enough momentum to test the upside channel trendline however we would need to see at least a daily/strong bullish h4 close above the resistance to confirm it is now a support for this index. alternatively if we break below the current zone there is definite scope...
Looking at the technicals, DXY has attempted to break the fib line more than once. If you look at USD JPY it has tried to penetrate the 114.40 a few times. We are not far from 114.40 again or far from 94.00. If DXY breaks 94 and USDJPY breaks 114.40 then great, on we go...
- Inverted Head and Shoulders on the daily. Would like to see a break of the neckline before making any big decisions on the USD Pairs
- Break and Retest of the descending channel
- Counter trendline being respected well currently
- Completion of right shoulder matches up with 0.5 / 61.8 fib retracement
Dollar Index DXY is sitting on critical support, a break below 91.00 opens the door to 88.50 which is a confluence of:
1) 61.8 fib of the from 78.97 to 103.57 = 88.50
2) it is also the 1.272 fib retracement from 91.98 to 103.57
3) 88.50 area has also acted as previous resistance on 2 occasions and is the break out point