Toothache90.
Long

TLW Chart Update

LSE:TLW   TULLOW OIL PLC ORD 10P
604 views
12
TLW has been respecting the drawn trend lines to the tee... IMO .
It keeps getting rejected at the major resistance of 33.4 (thereabouts) and sometimes crosses only to come back below. However the probablity of it crossing and staying above it is high, so those who are willing to take an early punt then it's a good time to BUY.
However I'm more on the cautious side and will wait till it crosses the 40 and price action stays above support.

TP levels: 50, 63, 67, 79
Comment: The black line represents Weekly TF.
On another chart I have extended this to Oct 2021 and if the SP continues along this trend line and closes the GAP, then I would see a SP of 130-135. This would be my TP level. As the long term trend (Monthly) is still down, and with markets showing signs of weakness over this time period I am cautious to hold for any longer or open any new positions.
The pattern the SP has shown is that it rises to the previous resistance then falls again to it's ATL or evevn lower. That's not to say it willl do it this time but you never know as TLW is not in a healthy position with it's debt and credit rating.
Comment: SP has still stayed below the major resistance line (Blue) and has also crossed below the weekly TF (Black). It remains to be seen if it will rise to be rejected at the weekly or cross and stay above.
Good opportunities to top up and lower your average, however I'm still cautious on the viability of TLW with it's commitments to raise cash from asset sales and lower expenditure.

SUPPORT1 = 26.40p
SUPPORT2 = 24.50p
Comment: If the SP crosses SUPPORT2 it now becomes Resistance (R1). A number of scenarios could play out after that.

1. cross back over to become support then make its way back up
2. cross back over then back down again (dead cat bounce)
3. attempt to cross over but get rejected (this could happen a number of times) before it either crosses over R1
4. attempt to cross over but get rejected a number fo times but then fall further down to SUPPORT3 (20.34 and probably lower to 16.11, 12.45)

Volume just doesn't support market sentiment to BUY at this moment.

Related Ideas

Comments

Helpful thanks for taking the time to do the work i am in at average of 27 and not selling it is S..t or Bust for me. If it made £1 thats a life changing amoUnt for me if it goes to 10p hey ho i will still be able to eat.
Reply
Anything over £1 will be a life changing amount for me we never know get rid of some assets pronto and CEO makes some new deals it could happen. I am very confident that we will not go bust as some scaremongers like to post in other places.
Reply
Toothache90. johncousins6854
@johncousins6854, Whilst i am open and appreciate differing views to mine. I do hate the amount of rubbish that some rampers/derampers make on spurious or out dated info and RNS.
I agree that TLW would be in a much better position to sell some of it's assets as cashflow is king especially to honour its RBL commitments. You can't keep your head above water if you're drowning by holding on to too much debt.
+1 Reply
Thanks
Reply
A blue day would be good to welcome the new ceo. But sadly it looks like its not going to happen.
Reply
Toothache90. johncousins6854
@johncousins6854, I wouldn't rule it out completely. The SP has been respecting the upward trendline that IMO the probability it falling is low. Good luck with your investments and thanks for taking time to look at my post.
Reply
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features Pricing Refer a friend House Rules Help Center Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Blog & News Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Referred friends Coins My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out